Sunday, August 29, 2010

California Dreamin'

I tend to think I don't have time to get away. When I do, it feels as if it's all about doing, going, making sure I miss nothing. But I have been in California for a week now and for the first time I get why getting away is a good thing to do.

I think a difference in this trip from others, is that I am here primarily for work and feel no need to sightsee. I just have to exist in another world, enjoy different surroundings and amazing weather. I am working, but in a way that feels like my paradigm has somehow shifted.

The first couple of days I was still in that tightly wound work mode. But then I could actually feel the unwinding, the slowing down, my brain opening up, and I felt creative in a way that I hadn't when I was so focused on my normal daily schedule. Now to take that same sense of expansion back to NYC with me when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment